Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Indiana trip..

Indiana trip..
We started our trip to Indiana [home] by first preaching a special service on Sunday March 13 for our good friends, Pastor and sister Mark Markham, Apostolic Revival Center in west Blocton,Alabama. What an exciting service we had amongst soo many new converts. The Markham’s are wonderful hosts. They took us to a great sea food place where Pastor Markham wanted to order my meal for me. Leary, but I agreed. Well, I ate frog legs for the first time. They taste like chicken. All night I had a hopping feeling! Great time of fellowship and church!!

We arrived in Bloomington late Monday evening. On Wednesday I had the pleasure of preaching in my home church. It was good to see so many friends but sad that many of the older ones had passed. Pastor Joe and Sister Nelson have been doing a tremendous job there. Under his leadership they will soon be in their beautiful new building…all debt free!!! Bro Nelson is preparing the next generation of Apostolics!! God bless our friends, the Nelsons and the Church of my birth!!

Thursday evening we preached for a young man pastoring a very old country Apostolic church, Pastor Seth Eads of Hunters Creek Pentecostal church. This church brings back old memories of when I was a new convert. Bro Eads, AKA Birdman, is a fine young man and I appreciated the opportunity.

Friday evening was a wonderful time of fellowship with our dearest friends, Bob and Cathy Gongwer. Cathy’s father, now deceased, was such an inspiration for me back when I was young. I baptized Bob long ago and how he has grown in the power of God!! They are solid pillars in their church.  We have missed the fellowship having to be so far apart but we still remain close!! We love you Bob and Cathy!!

Saturday we headed to French Lick’ Indiana to be in service with Pastor Brian and Courtney Harrison and Higher Ground UPCI. Indiana district needs to realize that French Lick is about to explode with unprecedented revival!! What a powerful display of God’s presence. What a wonderful bunch of new converts hungry for the Word of God. I cannot say enough about this young couple. They are tremendous people who God will be using to a greater degree in the days ahead. I am proud to call them my friends

Also during this time we got to visit family members who we haven’t seen for a while, is, my sister, Bro and Sis Jim Moore, our nephews, and Lynn’s brother who will be retiring from a career in Law enforcement. this Friday. Also got to visit with both Pastor Loy Baird and Pastor Duane Coffman!!

It was nice to get back with Son, Daughter in law and GRANDBABY…Lynn is still sick and needs prayer to get rid of her cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment